RPG Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Universe

The one and only place to find the best roleplay ever seen on the net.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 18 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:27 am
Latest topics
» Teen Titans 1 (1966)
Lilith  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 10:56 am by Nightwing

» A Fresh Start
Lilith  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 3:00 am by Nightwing

» Finally back on here!
Lilith  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 pm by Grimbold Stronghammer

» Free Style Titans
Lilith  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:12 am by Jaybird

» My dear
Lilith  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:55 pm by Nightwing

» Greetings
Lilith  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:49 pm by Nightwing

» The were-ferret
Lilith  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:32 pm by Jaybird

» Unguarded Peace
Lilith  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:02 pm by lilith

» Rogue
Lilith  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:40 pm by Rogue

Top posters
Nightwing
Lilith  Vote_lcapLilith  Voting_barLilith  Vote_rcap 
Jaybird
Estelle Undina
Gambit
Magneto
lilith
Rogue
Andriele SeaSinger
roleplayingadict
Snidely
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Lilith

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilith

lilith

Lilith  Empty
PostSubject: Lilith    Lilith  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:17 am

Lilith

Aliases/Nicks: Lilitu, Lili. Lillian.

Class: Unknown

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Weight: 115 Ibs. - minus wings ~wink wink~ .

Hair: Black now

Eyes: Silvery grey now

Physical Form: Woman

Race: Human

Marital Status: Divorced? Separated… Widowed. ~LMAO~

Citizenship: Nod (Where ever Eden is not)

Place of Birth: … You’re kidding right?

Whereabouts: One might say a dark castle.. Nod. Within darkness.

Education: Learned on my own unless it refers to the arts that were not meant for this world… Then Seraphs are to blame.

Origin: Awaken consciousness, thus awoke darkness and sin. Created I was, in the same matter as Adam. Not from his rib, but by his side.

Known Relatives:

Father: He who cannot be named. Exiled by

Mother: None

Siblings: None

Children: Childers

Additional Information:

1. predecessor to Eve: in Hebrew Scripture, the first woman, believed to have been created before Eve
2. evil spirit of woman: in Jewish folklore, an evil spirit of a woman, believed to lurk in deserted places and attack children
3. Taught by Seraphs. Thrice they came and wanted me. To return to Heaven and live in peace. Thrice, did they fail and I released.

Lilith (Hebrew לילית) is a female demon figure found in Mesopotamian mythology and Jewish folklore, associated with sexual temptation, storms, disease, illness, and death. In some Jewish mystical writings she is said to be the first wife of Adam, who refused to lie under him, and voluntarily left the Garden of Eden. She was especially feared in medieval Judaism for her purported ability to harm young children, and amulets were once worn to protect children from Lilith's harm.
Historically, the figure of Lilith first appeared in a class of wind and storm demons known as Lilitu, in sumer, circa 3000 B.C.E. Corresponding versions of the demon were found in ancient Babylonian culture, eventually influencing the demonology of medieval Rabbinic Judaism. Lilith would become a part of Jewish lore as a night demon and was later adopted into Christianity as a "screech owl" in the King James version of the Bible.
Two primary characteristics are found in ancient and medieval legends about Lilith: first, she was seen as the incarnation of lust, causing men to be led astray, and, second, Lilith was viewed as a child-killing witch, who strangled helpless neonates. These two aspects of the Lilith legend seemed to have evolved separately, in there is hardly a tale where Lilith encompasses both roles.
The rabbinical story of Lilith offers an alternative view of the biblical creation story, seeing Lilith as Adam's first wife instead of Eve. Due to Lilith's supposed independence from Adam, she has been called "the world's first feminist."

Dead Sea scrolls
The appearance of Lilith in the Dead Sea Scrolls is somewhat more contentious, with one indisputable reference in the Song for a Sage (4Q510-511), and a promising additional allusion found by A. Baumgarten in The Seductress (4Q184). The first and irrefutable Lilith reference in the Song occurs in 4Q510, fragment 1:
"And I, the Instructor, proclaim His glorious splendour so as to frighten and to te[rrify] all the spirits of the destroying angels, spirits of the bastards, demons, Lilith, howlers, and [desert dwellers…] and those which fall upon men without warning to lead them astray from a spirit of understanding and to make their heart and their […] desolate during the present dominion of wickedness and predetermined time of humiliations for the sons of lig[ht], by the guilt of the ages of [those] smitten by iniquity – not for eternal destruction, [bu]t for an era of humiliation for transgression."
Akin to Isaiah 34:14, this liturgical text both cautions against the presence of supernatural malevolence and assumes familiarity with Lilith; distinct from the biblical text, however, this passage does not function under any socio-political agenda, but instead serves in the same capacity as An Exorcism (4Q560) and Songs to Disperse Demons (11Q11) insomuch that it comprises incantations – comparable to the Arslan Tash relief examined above – used to "help protect the faithful against the power of these spirits." The text is thus an exorcism hymn.
Another text discovered at Qumran, conventionally associated with the Book of Proverbs, credibly also appropriates the Lilith tradition in its description of a precarious, winsome woman – The Seductress (4Q184). The ancient poem – dated to the first century B.C.E. but plausibly much older – describes a dangerous woman and consequently warns against encounters with her. Customarily, the woman depicted in this text is equated to the "strange woman" of Proverbs 2 and 5, and for good reason; the parallels are instantly recognizable:
"Her house sinks down to death, And her course leads to the shades. All who go to her cannot return And find again the paths of life." (Proverbs 2:18-19)
"Her gates are gates of death, and from the entrance of the house she sets out towards Sheol. None of those who enter there will ever return, and all who possess her will descend to the Pit." (4Q184)
However, what this association does not take into account are additional descriptions of the "Seductress" from Qumran that cannot be found attributed to the "strange woman" of Proverbs; namely, her horns and her wings: "a multitude of sins is in her wings." The woman illustrated in Proverbs is without question a prostitute, or at the very least the representation of one, and the sort of individual with whom that text’s community would have been familiar. The "Seductress" of the Qumran text, conversely, could not possibly have represented an existent social threat given the constraints of this particular ascetic community. Instead, the Qumran text utilizes the imagery of Proverbs to explicate a much broader, supernatural threat – the threat of the demoness Lilith.

There are many more written about me, alas I am too lazy to find and remember them all. So I write and in time.. My story will be realized.

“Within these pages.. My thoughts and dreams are scribed
Back to top Go down

Lilith
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Universe :: Roleplay :: Character Introduction-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com