RPG Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Universe

The one and only place to find the best roleplay ever seen on the net.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 18 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:27 am
Latest topics
» Teen Titans 1 (1966)
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 10:56 am by Nightwing

» A Fresh Start
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 3:00 am by Nightwing

» Finally back on here!
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 pm by Grimbold Stronghammer

» Free Style Titans
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:12 am by Jaybird

» My dear
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:55 pm by Nightwing

» Greetings
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:49 pm by Nightwing

» The were-ferret
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:32 pm by Jaybird

» Unguarded Peace
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:02 pm by lilith

» Rogue
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:40 pm by Rogue

Top posters
Nightwing
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Vote_lcapA Book of Tales Most Grimm Voting_barA Book of Tales Most Grimm Vote_rcap 
Jaybird
A Book of Tales Most Grimm Vote_lcapA Book of Tales Most Grimm Voting_barA Book of Tales Most Grimm Vote_rcap 
Estelle Undina
Gambit
Magneto
lilith
Rogue
Andriele SeaSinger
roleplayingadict
Snidely
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A Book of Tales Most Grimm

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

A Book of Tales Most Grimm Empty
PostSubject: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:14 am

"In my travels, I've come across a peculiar tome," spoke the traveler. "A great many mysteries lie in the tales of fair folk and royalty. Do you fathom them to be truth or lie? I assure you, kind sir. These tales are quite steeped in truth, but...not all endings are happy."

Thus the stranger spoke before he dropped the book, dusty and bound in leather, upon the worn wooden table top.

I figure that we are all adults here, ne?
I have quite a dark mind, you see, and I've been sorely wanting to play a game of "Warp that Fairy Tale" for the longest time. Many of the original tales from the Brothers Grimm are in fact quite sinister by today's standards, but my format is not at all limited to them. I want to destroy Disney. I want to run my claws down the backs of princes and regalia. I want to reverse the plight of witches and evil kings.

I ramble. What I desire to say is that, I would like to create an RP. I have the basic thoughts in my mind, but I would love to flesh them out. I never mind playing more than one character, but I shan't like to play more than three, perhaps.

I want the story's characters to cross into and out of the stories of the others. What better vessels for our understanding than the fragile minds of the children, naive and alone--Hansel and Gretel. They will wander in and out of the different stories as they unfold in the woods and in the surrounding castles. I want the motives of the different characters to come into question, and even to be rendered utterly opposite of one's expectation.

I am aware of your site's stance on "magic" and the like, and I was wondering how it holds for this sort of setting. If it's not your cup of tea, I understand. If it might be a point of contention, I wouldn't mind a bit if every "magical" character was an NPC.

Of the stories I want to warp, I can think of a few:
Hansel and Gretel
  • Hansel (a truly pure soul and a lead character)-
    Gretel (an equally pure soul and another lead character)-
    Witch-

The Pied Piper of Hamelin
  • The piper (a pedophile)

Pinnochio
  • Geppetto (who so longed for a child, he began creating them in glass and wood)-
    Pinnochio (who dreams of a true body to accompany his growing "awareness")-

The Little Mermaid
  • Ariel (whose sacrifice fell on unworthy heads)-
    Eric (whose unbridled love paled to apathy when it mattered most)-

Cinderella
  • Cinderella (whose quiet submission keeps her fate in the hands of another)-
    Prince (whose charm is outmatched only by his insanity)-
    Fairy Godmother (whose helping hands are not necessarily at work for good)-

The others are far more hazy in my mind. I can think of many I would like to warp, but I can only think of plots for those few listed. I would love to bounce some ideas around, if you're all game. I want to turn these stories nightmarish.

I of course question whether or not this manner of RP is everyone's cup of tea, however, what with the obvious comic influence. lol I just figured I toss the thought into the aether. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nightwing
Admin
Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:10 am

Sorry I haven't been around much I'm still working on my move to FL lol. Anyhow I LOVE this entirely. I have always adored the fact that the true gruesome stories existed and have always thought Disney pretty money hungry to take someone's stories and twists them into some romantic lovely fairytale to earn millions of money and yet give nothing towards the truth inspiration of the stories.

As far as magic goes this is an entirely different matter. These types of pre-written magic have no extreme to them. In other words they are a base set magic that has its own limits. So they are very welcome here. I use the magic rule to offset the god modders lol.

Well I can't wait to hear more about this all I will check back ever day this week and as you gain a bit more insight I will start tossing ideas once I get more of a feel of the storyline for each of these archs.

Back to top Go down
https://roleplayhq.rpg-board.net
Nightwing
Admin
Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:44 am

Hope your doing well. I'm currently moving to FL so my appearance on here hasn't been much. I will be calling the others and I have told Jay to get on here so this forum will start getting back to business. I still would like to see these stories start on here and I know Jay said she wants to help you about. She is a huge disney freak so she would more than love to play with these Grim style tales.

Back to top Go down
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:04 pm

Thank you for your kind words. I have been quite held up with my school work, so I doubt I would have been able to rp as much as I would like anyhow, so I do understand. I think I would like you all to tell me which characters you would like to play so I can focus on that story arc first. I know a few angles I want to pursue, but I don't want to be too much of a dictator in this rp ( Razz ). That said, tell me what you want. I'd love to collaborate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:49 am

Lotta choices Ole Remy got dere wonder which one Ole Remy could pull off da best? Hows' bout Remy playin da role of dat dere Prince from da Little mermaid? I'm game if you are cherie'.

Back to top Go down
Magneto

Magneto

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:54 am

Interesting to see you go for yet another backwards role Gambit. I think that since this character is in the role of a good guy I will go with the insane prince from Cinderella.

We all hope to hear more about this when you have time.

Back to top Go down
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Hahahaha, shall we meet on Lake Pontchartrain, Prince Remy?

I appreciate your patience with me. Smile I'm still fit to be quite tied up, but I wouldn't mind laying some groundwork for later.

I think perhaps, I will lay off the Hansel and Gretel crossing over concept for now, and rather focus on warping the individual stories themselves. It might be easier to play that way with the Ariel arc and the Cinderella arc in two different threads.

All I know is I want Cinderella out of the frying pan and into the fire with a wolf in sheep's clothing, and I think Ariel aught to be someone's pet fish at some point. More than that, I am without preference.

Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 7:44 am

Take lead Cherie' and I shall follow. Remy is ready any time you are.
So Gambit gets to own da little fish girl ya? I have a fellin' ole Remy gonna be havin fun with her just a bit.

Back to top Go down
Nightwing
Admin
Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:35 pm

Hey Ray start a couple RPs tomorrow man so we can get this shit going a bit. I've been working a shit load thanks to my new management position. I also may make a alt for the Shattered Glass rp we have. Thanks man!
Back to top Go down
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:17 am

I'm not dead! Woooo!!! Okay, so I've just gotten finished with a pretty large gig and I feel like relaxin'. How's about I go ahead and start an rp. I don't know which one, but I'll see about drafting something while I've got this nice down time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Go for it we've been relaxing.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Ok so Eric is madly in love with her but shows no emotion towards his feelings. So either he will kind of ignore her and shove her off or perhaps be mean and mistreat her a bit? Is that about it?
Back to top Go down
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 11:57 am

It can be that way. Conversely he could just see her as a nice addition to his already ample trove of treasures. She might not be a person to him at all--just a fish. He could grow to care once the realization that she did save him from drowning sets in. He could try to learn what exists under the sea from her. It's up to you.

I'm not going to stipulate a whole lot of anything of Eric's character. Consider him a blank slate for you. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Ok sounds good Ill follow your lead then.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm   A Book of Tales Most Grimm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Book of Tales Most Grimm
Page 1 of 1