RPG Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Universe

The one and only place to find the best roleplay ever seen on the net.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 18 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:27 am
Latest topics
» Teen Titans 1 (1966)
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 10:56 am by Nightwing

» A Fresh Start
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 3:00 am by Nightwing

» Finally back on here!
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 pm by Grimbold Stronghammer

» Free Style Titans
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:12 am by Jaybird

» My dear
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:55 pm by Nightwing

» Greetings
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:49 pm by Nightwing

» The were-ferret
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:32 pm by Jaybird

» Unguarded Peace
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:02 pm by lilith

» Rogue
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:40 pm by Rogue

Top posters
Nightwing
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Vote_lcapA Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Voting_barA Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Vote_rcap 
Jaybird
A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Vote_lcapA Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Voting_barA Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Vote_rcap 
Estelle Undina
Gambit
Magneto
lilith
Rogue
Andriele SeaSinger
roleplayingadict
Snidely
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Empty
PostSubject: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:34 am

"In my travels, I've come across a peculiar tome," spoke the traveler. "A great many mysteries lie in the tales of fair folk and royalty. Do you fathom them to be truth or lie? I assure you, kind sir. These tales are quite steeped in truth, but...not all endings are happy."

Thus the stranger spoke before he dropped the book, dusty and bound in leather, upon the worn wooden table top.

"Flipping along the pages, my eyes beheld the first story in the list of thirteen. Thereupon that page was illustrated a curious creature of waifish build and tawny complexion--holding in her hands a silver plate rusted over with the sediment of the sea. Where legs should be, there grew a tail long and scaly. Her eyes stared hopefully and empty at an open balcony inaccessibly far above her head.

Written upon the page in startlingly bright red script were the words: Le Petite Sirene"

The necessary players:

Prince "Eric"- Remy
Le Petite Sirene- Estelle
The Sea Witch (or wizard as the case may be)-

I suppose there are many alternates this story can take so long as the characters exist. I'll think up a few, but if you can think of others you'd much rather play, that's completely peachy with me.

A Servant who sees many more facets of the royals than anyone else-
A Merchant who's heart knows no mistress other than profit-
A denizen of the sea who may through the witch's touch come to walk on land-
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:42 pm

Remy gunna check his role one more time ta make sure he play da part correctly. Feel free to post when your ready the intro to the story was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Name: Ithuriel (I just remembered, I don't actually think that either the mermaid or the prince have names in the HCA short story. They're given them by Disney. )

Origin: Kingdom of Nereida

Occupation: Princess and collector of whatever falls from the sky

Family: Six elder sisters, a father and mother

Height: 7’ 2” (assuming one actually stretched out her tail)

Weight: 146 lbs.

Eyes: green

Hair: blue-black

Bio:

A curious princess of the land beneath the waves, she is fascinated with the land hat extends above the sea. Enchanted by the tales that her sisters and her parents tell of those strange places, she goes out of her way to collect anything and everything from the wreckage of ships to possibly piece together what their lives must be like.

The concept that land creatures die in the water is strange and only recently embraced fact to her...

Thank you, Darling. I will start in the morning. It's a mite too late for me to keep staring at this screen right now. My character's picture is forthcoming.
Back to top Go down
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Well above her head, the sun was setting, but in the always blue-silver glow of the deep sea the princes did not know. It was the seventeenth anniversary of her birth, and she couldn't be more excited. For six years her sisters had preceded her one by one ascending to the surface and filling her head with tales of the beauty above them. Her heart thumped in her chest as she straightened the pearls in her hair and left her bedroom.

Outside, her mother awaited. Her father hovered above them both. The wise old mermaid smiled. "Ithuriel it is your turn to learn of the world that exists on land, but be warned, our presence is not to be felt by they that live on land. Stay out of sight, or else we cannot protect you."

"I will," replied the excited youth, scarcely able to hold still long enough for her mother to wrap her neck and tail in black pearls.

"Happy birthday," her mother said gesturing that she go on.

Ithuriel in her excitement did not even venture a response to her mother before darting up the colored juts of coral and anemone. She darted between the colorful fish naive and unafraid until she breached the surface with enough momentum to accidently cause a splash in the deep ocean. She calmed herself, and lie on her back absorbing the rays of a sky lit ablaze. She pursed her lips in a smile.

It was more beautiful that she had imagined--the sunset.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 12:22 am

OOC: I will post tomorrow sorry Ive been working a crap load.
Back to top Go down
Nightwing
Admin
Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 7:20 pm

My brother will either be posting tonight or tomorrow he has been working 52 hour weeks for the past month and he aplogizes for not posting but when he gets home he just kind of passes out.
Back to top Go down
https://roleplayhq.rpg-board.net
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 5:52 pm

It's all good. My eyes are still on this thread. Just reply when you are able to. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:23 pm

The prince has risen early that morning to take to the woods for some target practice with his trusty rifle. As always he was followed closely by his sole guardian and friend, he looked around the wood and smiled then sat down for a moment to catch his breath. It was a long hike from the castle to this small secluded wood. “Well its as good a time as any I guess.” The prince stood firm and went to take aim at the targets that remained set up as always just for him. He aim was known through out the kingdom as the best around and he prided himself in everything that he did, for everything he did was unmatched.

As he fired at the first target it was shot dead center and knocked from its home just like the next 9. Each time a target was eliminated the princes guardian would call out a cheer and applaud. “Good shot sire you sure seem in top form today!” He announced as they began to take their leave back to the castle. “Yes it would seem I am getting even better with practice. Is that even possible? Im already the best in the kingdom!” The princes guardian commented. “Well sire there is always room for improvement, today your top in the kingdom tomorrow you may be top in the world.” The prince chuckled and nodded at his words. “Yes I can see it now, here stands the best shot in the world!” His hands spread wide as he visualized a huge statue erected in his glory.

“So what’s on the schedule for today?” They had finally reached the castle gates and were making their entrance while the older of the two was looking through a scroll of parchment marked “Todays Agenda”. “Well sire today you have a boating expedition in which were to catch as much as we can to aid the people in the kingdom who may require some extra food before season falls.” His left hand caressing his chin the prince thought upon the words. “Yes that’s right I almost forgot what day it was today. Ok then as soon as I change we shall head out. Be ready with in the hour.”

Back to top Go down
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Ithuriel watched in amazement the strange fish that swam the skies. Their calls were distant and unnatural to her. They sounded so harsh and reaching, and yet in their solitary unusualness, they excited her. The large birds all glided in the same direction--towards the land.

The princess followed them, but it did not take long for the creatures to lose her. She tried to call out to them, but found such a pain in her throat to use her voice outside the water that she shut her mouth and inhaled the water huffing until the fire subsided. She watched as slowly and delicately one of the scales on the flying fish dropped just beside her head. She had never seen anything like it. it was so light, so thin and bristled like the gills of an ancient shark.

She picked her head up and kept swimming until she saw leaves drifting in the water. She was not altogether unfamiliar with this, but their peculiarity in form and in shape was so remarkable to her. She strung one in her hair to take back as a souvenir and continued swimming in the direction from whence the leaves flowed.

Before she saw it, she heard it, the booming and blended sounds of the city. Shouts, cries, horns and music like she'd never heard before. Her face beamed, and she swam quicker. At first, she saw only a shape hidden by the setting sun, then the myriad lights flickering inside the houses inside which dwelled the land creatures came into her line of sight. She had never seen such clusters of homes as this city for her own kingdom was small by comparison. The land jutted out upwards from the sea looming like a massive statue, no less beautiful and no less majestic than the sunken art the princess chanced upon below the waves.

It was then that a wave caught her that cleaved the tide at an awkward angle. She could not foresee it. A great mass of wood was at her back and she had to scramble to evade its churning bulk. With a less than graceful smack she fled the path of a boat many times larger than herself.

She watched with eyes wider than the pearls around her neck it passed. She ducked under the water to try and still her trembling heart and resolved to swim to the shore, but to stay well under the water's surface until she reached the land.

ooc: good to have you back. Smile
Bit of a novel, hope you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 pm

OCC: Thanks much sorry I was working a crap load then got fired for something I did not do so I have been hunting for another job and finally landed one. I'll post to you in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 10:58 pm

ooc: In order, you're welcome, I'm really sorry to hear that, and I'm glad you landed on your feet. Take your time. I'm swamped with exams. Organic chemistry is a female dog.
Back to top Go down
Nightwing
Admin
Nightwing

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:19 am

Lol cute you executed a replacement word for a foul one. And yeah Exams do kind of damper our enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
https://roleplayhq.rpg-board.net
Estelle Undina

Estelle Undina

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 4:04 pm

ooc: Haha, grazie. I try to avoid to avoid profanity when not in character at least. That they do, but hey I seem to be doing well enough for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid   A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Book of Tales Most Grimm: Chapter I, The Little Mermaid
Page 1 of 1